Exhibition Spaces

 

copertina

Ca' Garzoni

Overlooking the Grand Canal

1 min walk from Campo S. Stefano

1000 sq.m. with subdivisible floors

Brief history

Ca’ Garzoni is an architectural jewel in the heart of the Grand Canal. Over two hundred windows with enchanting views of Venice enrich the palazzo’s Late-Gothic façade, accentuating its luminosity. The palace dates back to the mid 15th century. Originally commissioned by a wealthy family of merchants, it later became the property of the Garzoni family in the 1600’s. Acclaimed as one the Republic of Venice’s most illustrious families, they maintained their remarkable tenure here for centuries. As an emblem of power and wealth, the Palace housed the library of Pietro Garzoni – the grandson of the family’s progenitor and an eminent historian – in one of its grand halls at the time of “La Serenissima”, thereby consecrating the palace as a symbol of the city of Venice.

Location

Ca’ Garzoni is located in Calle del Traghetto o Garzoni close to Campo S. Stefano, 2 min walk from Palazzo Grassi.

Ca’ Garzoni hosted for the first time an  exhibition on the occasion of the Azerbaijan Pavilion in the 56. International Art Exhibition – la Biennale di Venezia.

Overlooking the Grand Canal

1 min walk from Campo S. Stefano

1000 sq.m. with subdivisible floors

GoogleMap Link


copertina

Ist. S.Maria della Pietà

Located in Riva degli Schiavoni

5 min walk from the entrance of the Biennale (Arsenale)

Ground floor + 1st and 2nd  floor with variable and subdivisble areas

Istituto Santa Maria della Pietà, a fourteenth century hospice, orphanage and music conservatoire beside the Lagoon, on a well-trodden thoroughfare between San Marco and the Giardini in Venice

GoogleMap Link