Procuratie Vecchie - St. Mark's Square

Procuratie Vecchie 

St. Mark's Square - 400 sq.m. surface


The Procuratie (Procuracies) built in 1514–1538 are three connected buildings along the perimeter of Saint Mark's Square. Two of the buildings, the Procuratie Vecchie (Old Procuracies) and the Procuratie Nuove (New Procuracies), were constructed by the procurators of Saint Mark, the second-highest dignitaries in the government of the Republic of Venice, who were charged with administering the treasury of the Church of Saint Mark as well as the financial affairs of state wards and trust funds established on behalf of religious and charitable institutions.

The exhibition space located on the first floor is a portion next to the Clock Tower with 8 rooms and 14 windows facing the square. The venue is a remarkable example of an historical building converted into an art space in fact the 4 rooms overlooking the square are covered with white panels to allow the direct hanging of works on walls while the rooms on the back side keep the historical finishing with stuccos and frescos.

The main entrance is from St. Mark’s Square with a 25 sq.m. hall embellished with a glass door.

All the exhibition areas are fully equipped with adjustable spotlight tracks and wi-fi.

Facilities: 3 restrooms, elevator, air conditioning, heating.

More Info

Googlemap Link

See other Exhibition spaces in Venice